Friday, January 18, 2008

First Post: Kyle

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6090892/index.html

I found this link pretty interesting because it talked a lot about controversy in games throughout history. It has information on banned games, court cases and a whole lot of other things. I mostly read about "The Major Offenders". Since my gaming background is somewhat limited in general, but especially to more current games, I learned a lot about some older games. They even mentioned the Custer's Revenge brought up in class.
It also talked a little about Castle Wolfenstein which seems to be a very popular game on the topic of violence; I saw it mentioned in many articles. It then goes on to talk about Mortal Kombat, Postal then more recent games like GTA. It is a good article, pretty informative, at least for me.

http://www.cheatcc.com/extra/thewiiandviolence.html

I wanted to find one article that looked at violence specifically as it relates to the wii. This article came out before some of the games were released, so it is a bit outdated. I am playing Manhunt2 for my videogame and wanted to see some people's thoughts on it, and they were pretty much what I expected. This is my first time to play the game or use the wii so I am interested in what other people think. So far in my playing I must say I have never played anything like it; it is very intense and I am really enjoying the experience.

No comments: