Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I have been wanting to see the new King Kong movie and just haven't got around to it, since it is on the list I plan to play it and watch the movie. I found this article that talks a little about the game development and adaptation to game from film. It also says that one of the game's goal is to make the user cry, which interested me since we saw that one presentation on why we don't cry in games.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9968336/

This is for the people who expressed their dislike for Uwe Boll. I didn't know much about this person so I tried to find out a little bit, apparently there are a large number of people, over 18,000 now, who don't care for him.

http://www.petitiononline.com/RRH53888/petition.html

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I recall, The Lord of the Rings also had a game being produced alongside production of the movies. The current idea seems to be making games more like movies rather than movies more like games. I'm sure there are a lot of reasons for that, but at what point does one medium become too much like another medium that it's detrimental to the audience's experience (Xenosaga...)? Or should there be a division between media?

EA is taking up the game/movie/other media simultaneous production, too. They seem to believe it's the greatest innovation of our time, but it's not anything new (yet maybe it is for them). I'm not sure how this game is going to turn out, but the game's story even doesn't seem exceptionally original.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/08_13/b4077076429342.htm