Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Zelda Trailer

http://uk.movies.ign.com/dor/articles/863515/legend-of-zelda-movie-trailer/videos/legendofzelda_filmtrailer_040108.html

Unfortunately, this was an April Fool's joke. It is doubly unfortunate because more effort was put into this trailer than into some feature films.

I'd be curious to see what a person who was wholly unfamiliar with the source material thought of the trailer. How much of the emotion and excitement I/we feel while watching it comes from the preexisting material?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB89-9X6YS0

There are expectations we have from preexisting material being presented in a new medium.

I didn't play Zelda games much (aside from the one where you can hit a chicken until a dozen chickens attack you). I wasn't aware of the three concepts for triforce, and when I watched the trailer I linked, I thought those words were very abstract and unoriginal. Had I known they were the triforce concepts, I probably wouldn't have been so bothered by them...although the trailer kind of bothered me nonetheless.

The April Fool's joke looks much more convincing as a feature film than this other one.