Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Mario's Time Machine

http://www.neoseeker.com/Games/Products/SNES/mario_time_machine/

I played this game at a very young age on the PC. I think I first learned of Isaac Newton, Leonardo Da Vinci (whom, unfortunately, made me think of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles back then), and a couple others from this game.

This takes a different approach to history. It's more of an educational game than an "experience history" kind of game like Romance of the Three Kingdoms. I wonder at what point not staying true to history will be taken as an insult to history rather than taken as a splash of creativity.

Beowulf comes to mind. And a little off topic, when is it advantageous to use CG characters instead of real actors when you use the real actors' faces on the CG characters?

No comments: