Monday, March 31, 2008

Bollsh*t

http://www.cinemablend.com/features/Uwe-Boll-Money-For-Nothing-209.html

I can't believe this person. He purposely makes bad movies to take advantage of a law that is supposed 
to help my country's future prospects. I hope they finally are able to close the loophole. 
Talking about translating games into movies would be more fun if this man didn't exist.


http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2008/03/27/take-two-looking-at-bioshock-movie-mmo

Take-Two, in an effort to escape EA's takeover bid, has told their investors they are interested in pursuing a Bioshock movie 
and MMO and a Civilization MMO. Many of the comments state that this enderavor may fail because 
Bioshock is about exploration. Although Bioshock is linear, you don't even know who your  character is for most of the game. I only see this film doing well as a prequel, focusing on the founding of Rapture, it's rise, and it's ultimate downfall.


http://www.cinematical.com/2008/03/14/kurt-wimmer-to-write-metal-gear-solid/

This article states that they are wanting to give the MGS Script to Wimmer, the "mastermind" behind Ultraviolet. I wonder if these people watch movies at all? Would it help if someone who knows video games and movies were to write a script?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope they're able to close the loophole, too. At first I thought he was just making bad movies because he wasn't good at making movies, but now that I know there's this scheme under it that he's fully aware of, and from the manner in which he talks, I've definitely lowered my opinion of him.

Brian Smith said...

Somehow, I think most people don't think too highly of Uwe Boll. Even the people who argue that he's like Ed Wood can't deny that he didn't challenge Lowtax to a boxing match under the pretext of a friendly game and then proceed to commit assault.

Never been a fan of the man, but I have to admit that he is a master of the crappy movie. He manages to put the elements together in just the right horrible fashion.

Either way, it doesn't bode well for a GOOD video game movie anytime soon. But then again, I'm scared about the idea of John Woo taking on Metroid. I just can't imagine Samus with dual arm cannons jumping out of a fire with white winged metroids flying behind her.

kpenn said...

Thanks for the info on Uwe Boll...I was looking him up myself after he was mentioned in class. There seems to be a pretty large amount of people who don't care for him.

Steve said...

I can only assume Wimmer had more creative control on Ultraviolet than he did on Equilibrium. I certainly wouldn't hire him for anything.

Unknown said...

I didn't realize the same person who wrote Equilibrium also wrote Ultraviolet. Maybe if I hadn't known he might be writing the MGS script, I wouldn't make a connection either. I'm not sure what that says about Wimmer.